FOR MY LATEST PROJECT WE CREATED OUR OWN STORIES. IN DOING SO I MANAGED TO MEET A LOT OF MY AUTHORSHIP OBJECTIVES, ESPECIALLY IN TERMS OF CONTENT, BUT I CERTAINLY PUSHED THE BOUNDARIES OF STORYTELLING. IN ADDITION, I MANAGED TO GET THE BALANCE OF DEVELOPMENT/RESEARCH/FINAL OUTCOME RIGHT, SO MY IMAGES WERE BETTER OFF FOR THIS.
1ST STEP: VISUAL NOTE TAKING, OBSERVATIONAL DRAWING, DRAWING FROM MOVIE STILLS.
Working in this way really helped me to develop my work, especially in terms of content and ideas. I tried to get a colour palate going from the outset, even in the research and development. So immediately I got a feel for the whole thing and I could towards a goal. The goal became very much like my Authorship, so I kept this in mind throughout the project.
'Against All flags' a great film that lacks in Gothic but makes up with content and story. I can take from this, especially costume ideas, colour ideas and content (for story, props, ship etc.)
Visual note taking is really useful, whether it be from movies, life, stories, exhibitions, it helps to take inspiration to feed into work.
literal notes, getting things into order on paper helps.
COLOUR: I FOUND DOING COLOUR EXPERIMENTS, AND MEDIA EXPERIMENTS ON PAPER REALLY USEFUL, BECAUSE SOMETIMES I FOUND SOMETHING REALLY WAY OUT TO BE EFFECTIVE, OR THE PAPER TO BE WRONG FOR THE MEDIUM. IF I PRACTICED FIRST I COULD RECTIFY BEFORE THE FINAL OUTCOME.
OBSERVATIONAL DRAWING: GETTING IDEAS FOR THINGS I NEEDED TO REFERENCE
CHARACTER DESIGN, DRAWING FROM ALL THE REST OF MY DEVELOPMENT WORK
NEXT STAGE: ROUGH BOOK CONCENTRATING ON LAYOUT AND COMPOSITION.
we were required to produce a dummy book, which was useful because it meant the whole story could be roughed out, it didn't need to be to too neat and if needed extra pages could be added in. Even though it was specific to this project I would like to think about using this technique again in similar projects because it definitely improved the final outcome.
FINAL OUTCOMES:
BASED ON ALL OF MY DEVELOPMENT WORK. ITS NOT PERFECT BUT IN MANY WAYS IT FITS SOME OF MY OBJECTIVES. ITS NOT REALLY GOTHIC, BUT I MANAGE TO MAKE IT EDGY. I ALSO TRIED TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF WHATS ACCEPTABLE FOR CHILDREN TO BE READING. MY ILLUSTRATIONS ARE PROBABLY NOT 100% APPROPRIATE BUT THAT IS PART OF MY OBJECTIVES-LOOKING AT THE WORK OF RACKHAM, DULAC, THEY INCLUDED NUDITY AND VIOLENCE IN THEIR WORK AND IT STILL GOT PART THE CENSORS BECAUSE IT MAINTAINED A CERTAIN INNOCENCE.
FINAL OUTCOMES IN RELATION TO MY OBJECTIVES:
I TRIED TO THINK MAINLY ABOUT COSTUME, SET, SCENERY AND WHITE SPACE (I.E COMPOSITION). I AM PLEASED I MET SOME OF MY OBJECTIVES WITH THIS PROJECT, IT WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW MY PROFESSIONAL WORK CAN OFTEN BE MADE INTO A PERSONAL PROJECT. IF THERE WAS MORE TIME I WOULD HAVE DONE EVEN MORE RESEARCH AND LIFE DRAWING AS MY OBJECTIVES STATED.
EXTRAS- NOT REALLY A PART OF MY OBJECTIVES BUT IT FIT IN WITH THE ESCAPISM IDEA-IT CREATES A WHOLE NEW WORLD ETC.




































No comments:
Post a Comment