I USED MY NARRATIVE PROJECT TO HELP DEVELOP AND EXPLOIT MY AUTHORSHIP OBJECTIVES. I HAD TO OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE MY VERY OWN 'CAUTIONARY TALE' OR 'NARRATIVE' SEQUENCE. I IMMEDIATELY LOOKED BACK AT MY A. PROPOSAL AND MY 'SKILLS' 'CONTENT' AND 'OBJECTIVES' AND DECIDED THESE WERE THE MOST VALUABLE WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONAL PRACTICE:
1. GOTHIC
2. ESCAPISM
3. FANTASY
4. CAUTION
5. COSTUME
6. HISTORY
7. ACCURACY
IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THESE THINGS I HAD TO BUILD A VISUAL DICTIONARY IN SKETCH BOOK FORM BEFORE I COULD BEGIN TO DEVELOP ANY FINAL OUTCOMES. THIS WAS ACHIEVED THROUGH OBSERVATIONAL DRAWINGS, DRAWING FROM MOVIE STILLS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, RESEARCH, STORY-BOARDING AND COMPOSITION EXPERIMENTATION.
Images from sketchbook
This build up work was invaluable to this project and really helped drive the process. Especially, it made me think about composition and genre and how I could make things better with each image.
A COMEDIC CAUTIONARY TALE
'WELCOME TO HELL'
'They've obviously never heard of knocking'
'All this for making chicken soup?'
'Oh well, at least its on fire.'
'I didn't think there'd be this much competition.'
'And I didn't think this could get anymore disappointing!'
USING PHOTOGRAPHY TO CREATE AN ORIGINAL ILLUSTRATION
In my objectives I talked about experimenting with a wide range of media. This is a technique that I used often in the past and I wanted to see if I could apply the skills I have today to this technique in response to my SB work.

I am really pleased with these images, they are not technically sound but they adhere to my ideas about content and objective. The story is Fairy Tale but it maintains the Gothic twist I insist upon in all my my work and by using photography I have conquered one way of achieving that hint of reality.



























No comments:
Post a Comment